readna.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 12, 2015

CONSTRUCTION OF MICRO-CONTROLLER BASED COLORIMETER

CONSTRUCTION OF MICRO-CONTROLLER BASED COLORIMETER BY AFOLABI GIFT .A. 10E/0937/ST A RESEARCH PROJECT PRESENTED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE LABORATORY, SCHOOL OF APPLIED AND INDUSTRIAL SCIENCES, FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI, IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF THE REQUIREMENT FOR THE AWARD OF NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) IN SCIENCE LABORATORY OCTOBER, 2012 APPROVAL PAGE This project has been approved by the Department of Science Laboratory Technology, Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri as meeting the requirements for the award of the National Diploma (OND) in Science Laboratory Technology. ………………………………. ……………………………. Mr. Uhiara Fidelis Ekwueme Date (Project Supervisor) ………………………………. ……………………………. Mr. Uhiara Fidelis Ekwueme Date (Head of Department) ………………………………. ……………………………. External Examiner Date DEDICATION This project is dedicated to God Almighty, who in His infinite mercy has helped me throughout my stay in this citadel of learning and also to achieve my aim. Also to my parent Mr. A.S.S. Afolabi and Mrs. Agness Olunma Afolabi for their support and their numerous blessings and assistance towards my academic pursuit. ACKNOWLEDGMENT At last success smiled at me, some great people whom I really based on, whose contributions really helped me achieve my success. I give God all the glory, who has made it possible for me to achieve my aim in life. He is always my teacher and mentor, in all the things I do. To Him I give all the praise and thanks. I wish to express my profound gratitude to Mr. Uhiara F.E. for his professional contribution towards the accomplishment of this project work. Also to all the lecturers in the Department of Science Laboratory Technology. I will always acknowledge the effort of my family members especially my mother Mrs. Agness Olunma Afolabi, may the good Lord bless you all in Jesus name Amen. Afolabi Gift A. ABSTRACT This construction and application of a cheap, simple and portable colorimeter is presented. The system employs an LED as a light source and a common photocell (photoresistor) as a detector. The device functions based on the level of light received by photocell, which is concealed to a digit multinmetr yielding resistance readings. Resistance increases with increasing the sample absorption. The fabricated device is applicable to calculate the molar absorption of coloured species and demonstrates the basic of the instrumentation of spectrophotometers.

No comments:

Post a Comment