readna.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 12, 2015

THE EFFECTS OF LAND USE ACT ON PROPERTY VALUES IN ABIA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA URBAN)

THE EFFECTS OF LAND USE ACT ON PROPERTY VALUES IN ABIA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA URBAN) BY UBANI UCHENNA JOHN 07H/0157/EM. A DISSERTATION SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILMENT OF THE REQUIREMENT FOR THE AWARD OF HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) IN ESTATE MANAGEMENT. TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY FEDERALPOLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI. JULY 2009. DEDICATION This project work is dedicated to God Almighty the Author and Finisher of our faith who sustained my life during this stressful period and whose hands the destiny of every man lies. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT My profound gratitude goes to God Almighty for his grace and inspiration in my life who has been my helper and the Holy Spirit my comfort who is the author and finisher of our faith. my thanks and respect goes to my beloved parents Mr and Mrs. Oliver Ubani whose tender care endurance have exposed me to greater challenger of today. For this successful completion of this study. I wish to express my sincere appreciation to my supervisor Mr. D.O Uzere for his gentle fatherly assistance for sparing his time to correct and command on this project. Also my gratitude goes to my Head of Department Dr. C.O Akubueze as well as the lecturers in the department. They expose me further to the knowledge of the profession. My immense gratitude goes to my brother and sister; Obinna Peter, Sunday Ugochukwu Ubani, Edith Ihouma Ubani, Chidi Michael Ubani Akoma, Ngozi and Ebere mercy Ubani. To my entire family. I am also greatly indebted to my noble colleagues like Ejike C.C Chukwukere Ikechukwu, Echegiri Tochukwu Godswill, Grace Mrakpor, Ejeku Anthony, Obarah Deborah etc. friend like Eke Chinwe Ngozi. To the entire person who in one way or other offered or rendered help, May God reward them abundantly. Once again may all my praises and thanks giving be to the Almighty God for seeing me through my course of study Amen. ABSTRACT The aim of this research is to find out the effect of the land use Act on property values in Abia State and to suggest ways to ease land acquisition for both the government and private developers. To examine the customary land tenure system operating in the state before the Act. Its implementation machinery and management highlights the problems arising against the effective implementation of the Act, proper recommendation that would make the Act more realistic and ease its implementation in Abia State in particular and the country in general. Methodology adopted from the gathering of data for this project include the primary and secondary sources. In the primary sources, direct interview with those charged with the enforcement of the Act and observation while the secondary source include the use of textbooks, journals, newspapers, lecture notes, and internet browsing. It is unfortunate to note that in Abia State, as in many other state of the federation, transaction, in land are still being executed without due regard to the provision to the land use Act. Ease of land acquisition by the government for its project has been minimal and for private developers, the problem has rather been compounded, due to the bureaucracy involve in obtaining a certificate of occupancy. CALL 08032849308

No comments:

Post a Comment