readna.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 12, 2015

SOIL BEARING CAPACITY IN IMO STATE (A CASE STUDY OF A SELECTED COMMUNITY IN EACH GEO-POLITICAL ZONE OF THE STATE)

SOIL BEARING CAPACITY IN IMO STATE (A CASE STUDY OF A SELECTED COMMUNITY IN EACH GEO-POLITICAL ZONE OF THE STATE) BY NWAKUNAH PETER C.O. 11H/0045/CE A PROJECT PRESENTED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING, SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY (SET) FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE, OWERRI, IMO STATE IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF THE REQUIREMENT FOR THE AWARD OF HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DECEMBER 2013 APPROVAL PAGE This project has been approved as meeting the requirement of the department of civil engineering, school of engineering technology (SET), federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri, for the award of higher national diploma (HND) in civil engineering. …………………….. …………………… ENGR. Chimezie Morris Date (Project supervisor) ……………………. ………………….. ENGR. Stanley Anyanwu Date (H.O.D) ………………………. ……………………… External supervisor Date DEDICATION This project is dedicated to the almighty God for his guidance, protection and wisdom which he gave to me throughout my staying in this institution. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I am most grateful to God almighty for his mercies and guidance in the course of writing this project. I hereby express my profound gratitude to many people who in their numerous ways fed me with adequate information for the completion of this project. My immeasurable appreciation goes to my project supervisor ENGR. Chimezie Morris for his commitment towards supervising this work satisfactorily despite his numerous personal and official schedules. Again my gratitude goes to my H.O.D ENGR. Stanley Anyanwu and my dean of school of engineering ENGR. Eze Onukwugha who have been piloting the affairs of the department and the school of engineering. My appreciation goes to my parents, my brothers and sisters for their financial support and prayer throughout my staying in this institution. ABSTRACT Soil bearing capacity is the ability of the soil to bear the impose load on it. Every building or structure is anchored on soil in other to stand firm or stand without falling: this means that soil without a good bearing capacity will not carry the foundation of any structure. But since there is the existence of structures, there must be the existence of good bearing capacity. This project intends to x-ray the background of soil bearing capacity, the literature review of soil bearing capacity, the method and the materials used to get the soil bearing capacity, the soil bearing capacity equations, the results and the analysis gotten from the test, some different ways of getting the results, the conclusion of the writings and the recommendations for further study of the soil bearing capacity. FOR COMPLETE MATERIALS CALL 08032849308

No comments:

Post a Comment